School Logo

Sacred Heart RC Primary School

Together we shine

Get in touch

Latest News

Whenever your child searches the internet, encourage them to always type the words they are searching for carefully and read the site description before they click on the link. If they find anything on the internet that makes them feel uncomfortable or unhappy, tell an adult immediately.

Some safe searching sites are:

  • When should I keep my child off school?

    Thu 12 Oct 2023
  • Blackburn with Darwen Household Support Fund

    Tue 26 Sep 2023

    Household Support Fund (see link at bottom of this email)

    The fund can help you if you are struggling to make ends meet. You can get support with things like the cost of gas and electric, household appliances, and energy efficiency improvements. You might still qualify for support even if you are in work. 

    You can be considered for the Household Support Fund if:

    • Your total household income (including anyone who gets benefits) is below £26,057 gross pay (before tax and National Insurance) for one adult in work, or
    • Your total household income (including anyone who gets benefits) is below £38,870 (before tax and National Insurance) for families with 2 or more adults in work

    Income based benefits

    We can also consider you for the Household Support Fund if your household gets income based benefits and meets a minimum of 1 of these criteria:

    • A physical disability
    • A learning disability, or Autism
    • A long term health condition which is impacted by the cold
    • A reliance on electrical equipment to support independent living
    • Vulnerable adults or children in the home, who are supported by mental health services
    • Vulnerable families who are supported by a social worker, or family support
    • A vulnerable adult supported by a social worker or adult health and social care
    • Children under 5
    • Carers
    • Refugees and asylum seekers
    • Have recently come off benefits and entered employment
    • Have recently left employment and are waiting for benefits
    • Your Universal Credit claim is nil because you are an intermittent worker, on a zero hour contract, part of the gig economy or on a variable income

    You can make 1 application per household during any 6 month period, including previous schemes.

    You must have less than £16,000 in savings.

    The types of support you can get

    The scheme can provide you with practical help and advice to support you with the rising costs of food, energy and other household bills.

    You might be able to get help with:

    • gas and electricity costs. The person who applies must be the person who pays the bill, or be named in the  application and be contactable. You can only make 1 application per household in any 6 month period 
    • water costs. This is a one off support 
    • boiler inspections and energy efficiency, if you are a homeowner 
    • a reduction in utility bill debt
    • affordable food options
    • white goods and children’s beds (1 per household in any 6 month period)
    • support to reduce your outgoings
    • support to increase your income

    Applications are on line and take up to 20 days to process.  Professional, friend, family can help you with your online application

    Please use the link for more information and to access the application form


    Household Support Fund | Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council