General - Homework is given out and collected on Fridays.
Reading - all children are expected to read everyday for at least 15 minutes. It is expected that the children will get their reading record signed by a 'grown up' at home, at least 3 times a week. The children's reading record will be checked each week. REMEMBER - you do not have to read the same book 3 times. The children can change their book on any day of the week, as long as their record is signed by a grown up.
Spellings - The children will be tested and given new spellings every Friday. It is expected that they will take the time to learn their spellings each week by completing the spelling homework.
Mental Maths - The children need to keep practising their mental maths fluency at home.
Mental Maths - Every Friday the children will receive a mental maths test, that they should aim to finish within 30 minutes.
The children are given a choice of tasks they can do at home linked to their current project.
Autumn Term: The Kingdom United and a Kingdom United
1. Produce a travel leaflet advertising England as a place to visit.
2. Produce an Anglo Saxon model village.
3. Write a poem about what it means to be a British citizen.
4. Sketch a drawing of a famous landmark in the United Kingdom.
5. Research and create a factfile of famous British inventors.
6. With a grown up, bake a cake (make a list of ingredients, weigh them).
Spring term-Topic homework (not compulsory)
Calling all Earthlings! Here are some challenges for you:Choose 3 or more activities to complete at home and bring into school. Wow your teacher and your class mates with your creativity and earn House points for your team and raffle tickets for prizes.
- Find out facts about the space missions: What was the first creature that went to space? Who was the first astronaut? Who was the first man on the moon?What other interesting facts can you find?
- Bake your own space themed cookies or biscuits. Write down the recipe and feel free to share with your teacher!
- Create a timeline to show the history of space travel.
- Design an alien and write about its characteristics.
- Use scrap paper, foil, sweet wrappers and other junk from around the house to create a space collage.
- Make a space mobile that you could hang in the classroom.
- Make your own space themed Tops Trumps cards.